10 Things Creatives Can Track in Their Journals
Are you creative? Do you keep a journal or bullet journal?
Here are 10 things you might want to track:
- Pattern Notes – These could be any type of pattern notes. I personally keep notes on new crochet patterns that I am designing in my bullet journal. I really enjoy writing these out before I finalize a design on the computer. You can keep track of sewing patterns, knitting patterns, woodworking patterns, etc.
- Recipes – Do you love to cook and collect recipes? Your journal is a great place to quickly jot down new recipes. This way, you can make changes if needed before adding the recipe to your database or book. I personally write out new recipes in my bullet journal or Hobonichi Cousin before writing out the final version on an index card. I’m pretty old school and keep my recipes in a small filing box, along with a finished version in Evernote.
- Your Level 10 Life Graph – If you are not familiar with the Level 10 Life, I recommend reading the book “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod. I will get more into the Miracle Morning in future posts and podcasts here on the blog…. I you are already familiar with this concept, your journal is a great place to keep your graph and notes on your goals.
- Craft Projects – Keep instructions and notes on all your craft projects in your journal.
- Sketches – If you are an artist and thinking about your next big project, sketch it out in your journal.
- Book Notes – If you are an avid reader, keep notes on your favorite books in your journal.
- Novel Ideas – For those of you who not only read books…. but also write them, jot out your book ideas in your journal. Never miss an idea that pops into your head if you keep your journal with you.
- Affirmations – If you like to practice affirmations, keep them written out in your journal where you can see them every day.
- Content Creation Ideas – If you happen to be a blogger, YouTuber, or podcaster….. plan out your content in your journal. Make lists of things you want to focus on and keep notes on specific projects or posts.
- Daily Habit Tracker – If you are anything like me, you get so caught up in the projects you are working on that you forget to do simple things every day. A daily habit tracker is a great way to remind yourself to get these things done. Many people have elaborate trackers in their journal but you can track just the basics if you choose.
You do not need to have a fancy journal………. you do not even need to have a “real” journal. You can do all of this digitally if you prefer. There are many options for journaling if you have a tablet or smartphone. I like to keep many notes in Evernote, OneNote and also in my digital notebook/planner. Of course I have paper journals that I use as bullet journals but I believe in using everything I have available.
A digital version of the bullet journal:
[purchase_link id=”5206″ style=”button” color=”blue” text=”Buy Now”]
So, go forth and keep track of all types of wonderful and creative things in your journal. There is something very comforting about having these things tracked and organized.
How would you keep track of your creative projects? On paper? In a digital notebook? In a digital app?…….. Let me know!
[pin_follow username="MimiGaylor" label="Follow Michele on Pinterest!"]
Don’t forget to subscribe!