Crock Pot Food: Smothered pork chop recipe.
These pork chops are so delicious……. and they melt in your mouth! You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe. That includes the chops and salt and pepper. You can set this and forget it in your crock pot! I usually try to find some pork that is about 1/2″ thick but any size or type of chop will work.
Every now and then I will be posting some of my favorite recipes…. I believe in making uncomplicated food and this “sort of” fits into my planning section of the site…. it is “meal planning” after all.
Smothered Pork Chop Recipe:
- Pork chops
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom soup
- French fried onions
- 1 Can of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Set your crock pot on high (3 hours cooking time) or low (6 hours cooking time).
- Season the pork chops with salt/pepper on both sides and place in the crock pot.
- Add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Just spread the entire contents over all of the pork chops.
- Add the can of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Sprinkle on some french fried onions
- Cover the crock pot and let it cook!
These pork chops will need to cook around 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Once the crock pot begins to heat up, I usually shift around the pork chops to make sure there is soup coating the bottom of the crock pot. The chops may stick if you don’t!
The soup makes a nice creamy gravy when the pork chops are finished cooking. Now just make your favorite side dish and you have a mouthwatering and very filling meal! I made my Chicken Rice to go with today’s smothered pork chops. I will post the recipe for that next week.
Real food….. that’s real good!
Sign up for the Poochie Baby Newsletter! Get updates and offers sent straight to your inbox. Expect a weekly update plus special news.