Poochie Baby's Crochet YouTube Channel || Everyday Awesome TV YouTube Channel || Everyday Awesome Podcast on: Tune In - Stitcher - iTunes - Google Play
Make your own Midori Traveler’s Notebook refills…. cheap! I love my Traveler’s Notebooks…. So much so that I now make and sell them in my Etsy shop. But there is one thing that I really DO NOT like about them…. and that is the cost of the refills. The Midori brand refills are great quality but they are NOT cheap. Once you start adding books, the cost of your Traveler’s Notebook can go up considerably. This is why I look for alternatives and have started to make some of my own refills. (I will have a future post on where to find free downloads).
Once you buy some basic supplies, you can make enough of your own booklets to last a very long time.
I personally use a combination of handmade booklets, large Moleskine Cahier notebooks (cut to fit) and Midori brand notebooks. I will link to all the booklets I use down below. I find that I really enjoy making the booklets….. and I add one book with each faux Traveler’s Notebook that I sell (you can find my “fauxdori” in my Etsy shop).
First you will need the following supplies:
- Stack the paper with the card stock on the bottom. I use 10 sheets of 32lb paper (when folded, 40 pages front and back).
- Holding the stack in landscape orientation, fold the stack in half.
- Measure the width of the booklet to 11cm. Mark and cut off the excess.
- Measure the height of the booklet to 21cm. Mark and cut off the excess.
- Your booklet is ready to insert into your elastic band…. or, you can sew or staple the spine together. I prefer to leave the papers unbound so I can add and remove pages later.
If you are looking for a Midori Traveler’s Notebook, you can easily find them on Amazon. There is also a 3 piece set from ZLYC available. I have personally purchased this set in “Dark Coffee”… it is fantastic! I just love the feel of the leather.
Refills that I use:
Sign up for the Poochie Baby Newsletter! Get updates and offers sent straight to your inbox. Expect a weekly update plus special news.
Digital planner printables and stickers can be found for sale at the Poochie Baby Blog Shop. These products are generally not for sale at any other site.
You can purchase my easy to follow crochet patterns at the following sites: Poochie Baby Blog Shop - Craftsy - Ravelry - Etsy
Follow me, Mimi Gaylor: Twitter – Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram - YouTube – iTunes - Google Play